Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Everyone Else is Asking

so I might as well go along with it. Will you buy Alan Greenspan's memoirs? I probably will, but I also suspect I'm different from many economic educators in that I find more value in biographies/memoirs than many of my colleagues. I find the historical context important to my understanding, and I find the application of economics (when well explained) enlightening. The personal view just "personalizes" the whole experience.

I really have two questions, I guess.
1. Will you buy (and read) Mr. Greenspan's book?
2. Do you generally buy (and read) biographies or memoirs of economists?

Posted by TSchilling at March 8, 2006 4:21 PM


Comments
Hi Tim!
1. No, but I might check it out at the library.
2. Not usually.

And I have a question for you. What affect do you think the Kalamazoo Promise program will have on the quality of the Kalamazoo school system?

"Civics Lesson: Kalamazoo, Mich., Pegs Revitalization On a Tuition Plan --- Promise of College Funding Stokes Housing Demand, But Will Jobs Come, Too?"
By Neal E. Boudette
03/10/2006
The Wall Street Journal

I have been meaning to comment for a while!

Posted by: Amanda Gibson at March 10, 2006 9:37 PM

No comments: