Thursday, June 7, 2007

Welcome to The Jungle

(I actually keep hearing the song by Guns-n-Roses everytime I think about this.)

Back on April 6 of this year, I posted on the experience of some California students reading Upton Sinclair's The Jungle.

Yesterday, I received the newest issue of Econ-Exchange. It contained a good lesson on that book. And it placed the economics within the historical context. The issue also contains a lesson for middle school teachers using The Pearl, as well as a valuable bibliography for economic concepts in elementary literature, and a great article on economics in literature in general by Dr. Michael Watts of the Center for Economic Education at Purdue University.

It's worth a look.

Posted by TSchilling at June 7, 2007 11:29 AM


Comments
Thanks! what an excellent resource. Do you think "the road not taken" also involves sunk costs? For exampe, "I shall be telling this with a sigh." flad

Posted by: mike fladlien at June 7, 2007 5:42 PM

No comments: