Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Economic Thought(s)

At the end of last week, I had the privilege to attend the Summer Institute in the History of Economic Thought at the University of Richmond. It was an amazing experience for anyone interested in the subject as I am, and the only down side was that family and professional obligations kept me from attending the last half of the program.

One of the best aspects of the institute was the chance to meet with scholars both renowned and up-and-coming, and have the chance to hear them discuss ideas and topics that I find fascinating. One of the attendees was David Warsh, author of the Economic Principals blog, who does a better job of raising questions than I could. And it was a genuine pleasure to meet him. Long-time readers of this blog will remember I reviewed his book Knowledge and the Wealth of Nations in a previous post.

I’ll try to write more about the conference later this week.

No comments: